Awarded By: Kerala University of Health Sciences
Objectives of course
Post Graduate programme in Medical Laboratory Technology (Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology) gives opportunity for specialized study in the field of Medical Laboratory Technology for B.Sc (MLT) graduates .Candidates who successfully complete M.Sc (MLT) course shall be able to
1. Learn theories and principles of Medical Laboratory science and Technology
2. Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect the change in laboratory practice and health care delivery system.
3. Setup and manage specialized clinical laboratories and to deliver better health care System to the public.
4. Practice as Specialized Technologists in the concerned subject.
5. Function as effective educators in the field of Medical Laboratory Technology
6. Conduct independent research works and utilize the research findings in Laboratory practice and education.
7. Evaluate various educational programmes in Medical Laboratory Technology.
8. Demonstrate interest in continued learning and research for personal and professional advancement.
9. Establish collaborative relationship with Clinicians and members of other disciplines
The course of study ensures student’s knowledge and skills in several major categorical areas of medical laboratory technology. The post graduate degree in medical laboratory technology provides specialised skills to practicing laboratory professionals in health administration, leadership, quality assurance, managements and health informatics. It is a two year professional post graduate Degree course comprising four papers in first year and two papers and dissertation in second year. Total course duration is 4500 hours including 200 hours of training in reputed external Hospitals/institutes. There will be three internal examinations conducted by the Institutes/Colleges and one public examination at the end of each academic year
DURATION OF THE COURSE: 2 YEARS
For more information or to get in touch with us, click belowContact us